Transit Bus DriversSouthwest Iowa Planning Council
Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA) is seeking Part-Time Transit Bus Drivers in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Glenwood, Iowa, and Missouri Valley, Iowa.
- Starting wage $12.50/hour (some hours receive additional $2.50/hour shift differential) plus IPERS, PTO and Incentive Bonus.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a CDL Class C license with passenger endorsement.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL Medical Exam Certificate and pass a FTA pre-employment drug screen.
SWIPCO is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
About Southwest Iowa Planning Council
The Southwest Iowa Planning Council was formed in 1975. Our goal is to promote regional cooperation as well as to serve the counties and cities within our region with community and economic development activities to improve the quality of life for all of southwest Iowa.
Our Mission Statement
Southwest Iowa Planning Council's (SWIPCO) mission is to serve as the regional catalyst fostering sustainable community and economic improvements. This statement encompasses everything SWIPCO strives for in regional cooperation and betterment through community development, housing assistance, and transportation services. It also reaches all partners in the region and their goals for regional improvement.
SWIPCO views regional improvements in a circular pattern with each piece of the cog needed for development. Three focus areas emerge from this chart: People, Community Assets and Business. Utilizing the mission statement and the three focus areas, three goals were developed:
1. Improve Community Assets and Infrastructure.
2. Promote and Enhance Economic and Business Development Climate.
3. Maintain and Improve the Quality of Life for Residents.