Mechanical Technician IISSJID
Mechanical Technician II
$37.98 - $46.14
South San Joaquin Irrigation District has a history over 100 years strong. We are a public agency providing irrigation and drinking water to local farmers and residents. Currently we are accepting applications for a Mechanical Technician II. Under the direction of the Water Treatment Plant Operations Supervisor, performs skilled installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of mechanical systems used to treat, transmit and distribute drinking water.
- The ability to perform a varied of skilled mechanical work on stationary equipment, delivery systems, and related facilities found in a water treatment plant.
- Performs routine electrical repairs on associated equipment, Estimates material and equipment for work proposed, reads and interprets, manuals, schematics, plans and specifications.
- Requires advanced plumbing/pipefitting skills and the ability to weld using ARC, MIG, TIG and wire feed processes/ equipment.
- Previous experience in a water treatment plant is highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's license and clear driving record.