Bi-Literacy Teacher, Nutritional Services SPED Teachers, ParaprofessionalsSteamboat School District
Steamboat Springs School District is seeking qualified candidates for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Bi-Literacy Teacher
- Nutritional Services SPED Teachers
- Grant Writer
- Dean of Student Culture
- Manage and enforce school behavioral expectations, including attendance, classroom behavior along with school-wide goals.
- Work with administration and school resource officer to implement and minitor the school safety plan.
- Assist in the maintenance of the crisis management plan and school safety requirements.
- Implement procedures to ensure fair and consistent student attendance.
- Confer with students, parents, and teachers regarding student related policies.
- Assist staff with the creation and alignment of classroom student behavioral expectations and classroom management plans.
- Serve as a resource to staff regarding student management issues.
- Create and coordinate education alternatives for students in need.
- Collaborate with staff, administrators, and parents through positive behavioral interventions and support.
- Implement conflict resolution strategies such as restorative justice.
- Assist in the planning, developing, and implementation of student behavior plans.
- Openly communicate with staff and parents/guardians regarding student behavior.
- Collaborate with the school counselor and personnel to create and maintain research-based behavioral interventions and train faculty and staff in those interventions.
- Manage the documentation of student behavior through the student management system
- Attend appropriate meetings regarding student growth and success (IEP and 504 case conferences, parent meetings, expulsion hearings, etc.).
- Compile, analyze, and share student discipline data regularly, and use that data to make decisions.
- Monitor student activities by regularly circulating through the entire school building and campus. Monitor students in the commons area and halls during 4th and 8th hour. .
- Be familiar with and assist with school emergency procedures as directed by administrators.
- Assist with supervision of school activities and events with the administrators.
- Know and understand school and building policies and follow/enforce them.
- Other duties as assigned by building principal.
- Substitute Teachers and Paraprofessionals
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.