Winter Bus Drivers
Bus Driver - $19.17 hour. Paid training at $12/hr including CDL. Training begins on 8/12/20
Our bus drivers are responsible for safely operating a public transportation bus and transporting passengers on a prescribed route, on time and in accordance with local, state and federal standards. Our drivers must practice safe defensive driving techniques, be knowledgeable of the area, provide guests with schedule/route information, assist disabled guests on and off the bus, and complete reports of all accidents, damage, or incidents. Our bus drivers will also be assigned to bus wash duties as part of their normal working shift.
We are seeking the following qualifications
- An acceptable driving record, with no alcohol or drug related convictions in the last 7 years.
- A current valid driver's license.
- A clean background check.
- An ability to commit to the entire season; mid October to mid April.
- The ability to pass all DOT CDL requirements including medical screening, random drug testing, and licensing requirements.
Steamboat Springs Transit will offer a bonus paid at the end of the ski season to those who work the entire season. An early sign on bonus is given for those who sign up before October 1, 2020. Employee housing will be offered in a first come first serve fashion and rental rates will vary. All city of Steamboat Springs employees have free access to Howelsen Hill Ski area.