Warehouse/Delivery DriverSYNTEC SEATING SOLUTIONS, LLC
Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate
Summary of Activities: The job of Warehouse/Delivery Driver was established for the purpose of providing support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities of transporting materials from suppliers; off-site warehouse to main warehouse; ensuring safe operation of vehicles; and loading and unloading trailers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use Syntec semi-truck, Box truck to pick up raw materials from suppliers.
2. Use Syntec semi-truck, Box truck, forklift and/or pallet jack to pull items from offsite when stock is needed.
3. Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc) as well as with company policies and procedures.
4. Unload/Put-away items at offsite warehouse/main warehouse.
5. Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
6. Deliver items to TBB as needed.
7. Maintains warehouse(s) for FIFO; best storage practices.
8. Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices (5s).
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Syntec will supply safety glasses, hearing protection and gloves.
2. Employee must own or purchase a pair of steel-toed shoes.
1. Have a current Class A driver's license and Medical card for North Carolina.
2. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; SynTec is an equal-opportunity employer.
Education and/or Experience Level:
1. High School Diploma.
2. 4 to 5 years Truck driving experience.
3. Minimum 5 years' experience in the Manufacturing Industry.
4. Self-Starter well organized
5. Should be able to work well with others and be able to communicate with staff members on all levels.
1. Fluent English reading/writing skills are required; Spanish language skills desired.
1. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.