Production and Document Destruction Driver
TARC Industries/Employment Services is currently seeking a Production and Document Destruction Driver. This position will work in conjunction with the TARC Industries production team.
Hours and Days Negotiable
Starting pay Minimum $15.83, Midpoint $18.99, and Maximum $22.16
This position has the following responsibilities and benefits:
- Provide pick up of document destruction materials at various local businesses and delivery and pick up of production materials. • Complete loading and unloading of production trailers and the assembly of required shipping tickets.
- Provide excellent customer service to contractors/customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience driving large delivery trucks required.
- Must be able to pass physical as this position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted, push/pull materials, loading of trucks and barrels of paper.
- Must be able to use pallet moving equipment and maneuver (back) vehicles in difficult and tightly congested areas.
- 90% of driving responsibilities are in box trucks/10% in semi-tractor.
- Must enjoy a busy work environment, working with people and following a detailed work schedule.
- Daytime hours only, NO weekends, competitive wage, paid holidays, vacations and KPERS Retirement program.
- Employee must pass background screening pre-employment and random drug screening, DOT certification program and hold a valid Kansas CDL (Class A) license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
TARC was formed by a small group of local families in 1954.
The families were all seeking to improve the lives of their children with intellectual disabilities. In the last 66 years, TARC has grown to serve over 2,500 individuals and families in the Topeka and Shawnee County area providing service, support and advocacy. Our programs and services include an infant-toddler program, adult and senior day services, case management, employment services, assistive technology and a self-determination program, the only of its kind in the state.