Field RepresentativeThe Gazette
Want to earn extra cash? Are you available for flexible shifts including weekends, evenings, nights, early morning hours and holidays?
The Colorado Springs Gazette is seeking a part-time (approximately 25-30 hours per week) Field Representative to work in our Distribution Warehouse between the hours of 2:00 a.m - 9:00 a.m. This position provides accurate and on-time delivery of the newspaper and related products to subscribers, non-subscribers and retail outlets as outlined daily. Must have a demonstrated sense of urgency to meet delivery deadlines and achieve customer satisfaction. Will use your own vehicle, you will be reimbursed mileage.
- Provide back up support for the accurate and on-time delivery to subscribers, non-subscribers, retail outlets and vending machines as outlined daily and defined by specific instructions and direction provided by Area Managers .
- Ongoing evaluation and maintenance of product delivery lists.
- Quality control monitoring to include verification of product delivery.
- Maintain company assets and ensure adequate level of supplies is available at all times.
- Assist Area Managers in identifying areas to improve efficiency and enhance customer service.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe warehouse while adhering to safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a demonstrated sense of urgency to meet delivery deadlines and achieve customer satisfaction
- Must be willing to adapt to changing schedules and responsibilities, to react to change productively (inclement weather, press delays, unpredictable circumstances)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English at a high school graduate level.
- Must have mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) at a high school graduate level).
- Read and follow written directions accurately and thoroughly.
- Computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Electronic Communications skills-frequent use of Text Messaging, Phone, E-mail
- Navigational Skills, able to read maps, GPS, and locate geographic locations efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Lift up to 50 lb. bundles repeatedly
Minimum Education & Work Experience Requirements:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Certifications/Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing, dependable transportation and insurance.
Work schedule: Must be available for flexible shifts including weekends, evenings, nights, early morning hours and holidays