Class A Driver
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
We currently have a Class A Truck Driver opening at our Indianola, IA location. Our ideal candidate is someone who is organized, timely, and represents the Simplot brand. The purpose of this position is to operate a tractor/trailer to transport and deliver fertilizer, chemicals, and other hazardous materials to internal and external customers in addition to assisting with daily warehouse operations.
- Maintains DOT and DMV standards with regard to transport and placarding of hazardous materials.
- Operates tractor/trailer combinations, and forklifts to transport hazardous materials to internal & external customers. This includes over-the-road driving to various locations.
- Performs general maintenance on trucks which may include, but is not limited to, replenishing fuel, checking and replenishing oil levels, checking brakes, washing trucks, and taking trucks to the shop for scheduled service maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date driver's logs and inspection sheets.
- Operates forklift for general loading and unloading of products using required safety procedures and safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Work days are M-F with early starts and overtime.
- Assisting with daily warehouse operations self-motivated and be able to lift 70lbs.
Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Licenses: Must possess a current, CDL/DOT certified (Class A) valid driver's license.
- Endorsements: DMV Hazardous Materials Endorsement is required or ability to obtain within a given period of time
- Forklift Certification is greatly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to the required license and certifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, road signs, maps, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and/or oral instructions/directions.
- Must be willing to follow all applicable safety procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) driving regulations.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**