Bus DriverThe Roeper School
The Roeper School, a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades Pre-K through twelve, is seeking a part-time, Bus Driver to provide transportation for Roeper students.
The Bus Driver under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor, will be responsible for safely and efficiently operating the bus and transporting passengers to authorized destinations. The Bus Driver will also help maintain a safe, secure and positive environment for students during transport. The part-time bus driver schedule includes driving the shuttle between the Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham campus at the beginning and end of the school day, day time field trips, evening and weekend sporting events.
The Bus Driver position offers flexible work hours. Individuals interested in the part-time, hourly position must be available to work a variable shift during the day, evenings and weekends. If you’re interested in supplementing your income with a rewarding job that allows you to maintain a healthy work life balance, consider this one.
- Responsible for safely transporting passengers to destinations including driving shuttles between school campus locations, sporting events and field trips
- Perform daily pre-trip bus inspections
- Safely operate passenger bus in accordance with traffic laws and regulations and school policies and procedures
- Follows pre-planned route and pre-determined time schedule
- Maintains a secure environment by communicating policies and reporting unruly behavior to appropriate School personnel
- Keeps the bus neat and orderly through good housekeeping
- Monitors safety of bus equipment and reports possible mechanical issues to Transportation Supervisor
- Ensures that appropriate safety equipment is available and in working condition
- Assist in parking lot traffic control
- Prepares reports to document accidents or incidents
Preference given to candidates with the following credentials however, Roeper is willing to provide required training to obtain bus driving credentials for the selected candidate.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License; Group Designation B or C with Passenger, Safety (S) and Air Brake Endorsement with No Restrictions
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- Compliant with Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- Completion of Beginners Bus Driver Safety Course
- Driver Safety Education Course Certification
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent School, Roeper offers competitive salary and benefits. The School’s benefits program includes medical, dental, disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; flexible spending account for medical expenses and dependent care; 403(b) Savings and Match Plan and professional development funding.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit our Website: www.roeper.org No phone calls please.
The Roeper School is deeply committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, candidate inquiry answers and
list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Brake Endorsement, clean driving record.