Water Service PersonTOWN OF BRATTLEBORO/MANAGERS
Town Of Brattleboro
Water Service Person Entry Level Full time in the Department of Public Works.
General Statement of Duties: Performs general laboring work involving the construction, maintenance and repair of the Town’s water distribution, treatment and storage system and of the Town’s sewage collection system.
Work involves general laboring duties, but the employee may occasionally operate various pieces of equipment. Performs related work as required including non-working day call duty.
Supervision Received: Supervision is received from superiors in the form of specific instructions. Work is reviewed in progress and upon completion for compliance with directions.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
• Performs general laboring duties such as manual labor, installation and repair of water and sewer mains. Install, repair and read water meters, repair fire hydrants.
• Operates various pieces of Public Works equipment including but not limited to service trucks, dump trucks, etc.
• Performs various duties required for the maintenance of Public Works facilities and equipment.
• Performs tasks performed by the Utilities Division for other municipal agencies and private enterprise.
• Performs tasks required for the proper operation and maintenance of water and sewer treatment facilities including treatment plants and pumping facilities. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications: Entry level Utilities position. Graduation from high school or any combination of schooling and equivalent in-service training and experience. Valid commercial driver’s license Class B minimum required within 3 months. Vermont Class D Water Operators Certification required within one (1) year.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (100 lbs.), climbing ladders, entering confined spaces. Laboring duties for 8 hours or more per day.
$16.72 per hour plus good benefit package.
The Town of Brattleboro is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ applicants, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply, recognizing and respecting that diverse perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and essential to our public service.