Planner II, Bus Driver, Emergency Services Dispatcher
We're Hiring! - Town of Vail
- Planner II- $63,000-$89,500
- Emergency Services Dispatcher- $24.55-$33.65
- Bus Driver- Winter Season-$23.50-$30.30
- Fleet Mechanic, Journey Level-$27.75-$38
- Sweeper Operator- $19.10-$25.75
- Parking Attendant- Winter Season- $17.00-$20.00
- Maintenance Worker II- Full Time and Winter season- $19.10-$25.75
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain trash/recycle containers, pet pickup stations and call in trash/recycle dumpsters when full.
- Maintain the cleanness of Vail Village, LH Mall, & Bus Routes and stops.
- Perform all snow maintenance including snow shoveling, snow plowing/sanding/hauling.
- Work call-out, overtime, special events, holidays/shift/schedule changes, and 24hr Emergency Response.
- Assist with Special Events including installation /removal of banners.
- Traffic control flagger.
- Special projects such as removal of stickers and graffiti, holiday decorating and more.
- Operate small equipment and various tools.
- Pickup/ Drop off library books.
- Perform vehicle maintenance includes tire chains rebuilding, greasing equipment, cutting edges, and all other types of minor repairs.
- Serve the citizens and guests of the Town of Vail by abiding by all Town of Vail core values.
- Perform job in accordance with all Town of Vail safety practices.
- Follow environmentally-friendly practices.
- Attend training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must must be self motivated and have the ability to work individually without direct supervision to accomplish multiple tasks.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid CO driver’s license (clean driving record).
- Previous outdoor maintenance or manual labor experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform job duties requiring stooping, bending, heavy lifting and physical exertion, full range of body motion required.
- Requires working shifts, to include nights and/or weekends, and must be available to work holidays and events when necessary.