Sweeper Operator - MaintenanceTown Of Vail
We are looking for hardworking individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Responsible for providing clean and well maintain facilitates at the Town of Vail. Including operating small equipment. Overnight shifts.
Sweeper Operator - Maintenance $20.18 + Excellent Benefits
The Town of Vail is now hiring a Sweeper Operator / Maintenance Technician to join the Facility Maintenance Department. The Town of Vail takes pride in our facilities and works hard to keep the facilities well maintained. This position will assist the mechanical maintenance workers in providing clean functional and well-maintained facilities and associated systems through the performance of the following duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Operating small equipment on a daily basis, sweeper.
• Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and some repair of Town of Vail parking structures.
• Basic maintenance of the heating systems, fire alarm systems, garage doors, compressors, traffic control gates and snow-melt systems.
• General building maintenance such as routine plumbing, electrical, and other related maintenance & custodial activities.
Skills / Requirements
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for hardworking individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
• General knowledge of mechanical, electrical or plumbing trades.
• Basic knowledge of mechanical procedures, tools, materials, and requirements.
• 1 - 2 years mechanical maintenance work experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience driving large equipment is preferred.
Work is performed in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors and involves exposure to a variety of weather conditions. Exposure to fumes, dust, and noise may be constant. Working from a ladder may be required. The duties listed above are very physically demanding and require the full range of body movements including lifting up to 75 Lbs., standing stooping, kneeling and bending for an entire shift.