Onsite DriverTRANCO LOGISTICS
An Onsite Driver has the general responsibility for operating the assorted vehicles maintained and utilized at Tranco Logistics for the feeding of the VW Chattanooga plant. A Driver is expected to work with other employees to effectively meet or exceed expectations for quality and operations. This position requires a CDL.
- Has the primary function of operating vehicles.
- Make sure to deliver loads in a timely manner.
- Use radio for communication.
- Use all features of shunt truck to allow for quick transfer of product.
- Maintain an F endorsement or Commercial driver’s License.
- Maintain clean driving record.
- Possesses the ability to read and follow operating procedures.
- Must accurately document all work performed on inspection reports and receiving/shipping documents.
- Performs additional duties as required under the direction of the Operation Manager/Assistant Operation Manager.
- Adheres to safety guidelines.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs job duties with no assistance or supervision.
- Independent judgment is required.
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Meet all applicable DOT requirements.
- Knowledge of driving truck
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Occasionally move and/or lift up to 100 pounds (with assistance)
- Work is performed in a low noise, well maintained environment with the associated hazards of driving.
- Requires Commercial Drivers License.
- Requires TN F endorsement.
- Requires special skills based on extensive training and experience.
Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to make clear and accurate decisions.
Policies and Procedures: Able to conform to all established procedures and work activities.
Interaction: Able to communicate well verbally and in writing and work well in a team environment.
Versatility: Able to respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption.
Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems by researching, developing, and evaluating alternative solutions.
Performance: Initiative: Able to function with no supervision
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace