CDL DriverTri State Transportation LLC
Tri State Transportation LLC
Job Description: Driver
The Driver will report to the General Manager. The Driver will operate commercial motor vehicle to transport freight in inters or intra state commerce between terminals and relay stations or from home terminal to distant point(s) and return.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand laws and regulations on transportation and safety.
- Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure.
- Check shipping papers to determine nature of toad and any special hazards, and check load itself and methods of securing it.
- Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and all applicable state and federal regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving.
- Deliver and pickup freight as required.
- Load and unload freight as required.
- Collect freight charges as instructed.
- Report all accidents, incidents of equipment damage involving driver or company equipment.
- Maintain trip records as required.
- Maintain for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver's logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, etc.
- Proper use and care of all equipment assigned to him/her for the performance of his/her duties.
- Reports promptly any delays that will affect pick up or delivery appointments.
- Safely operate tractor-trailer unit within terminal premises, and drive equipment safely over roadways to either test drive or deliver to outside shop for repairs.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
- Certified Fork Lift Driver and/or ability to become certified to drive fork lift.
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions and good driving record.
- Keeps himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
« Must have Class A CDL.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to success/idly perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor. Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts. Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.