Truck Driver/OperatorTruckee-Carson Irrigation District
Truckee-Carson Irrigation District seeking full-time Truck Driver/Operator. Requires Class A CDL, experience operating loader, blade and backhoe. OSHA certification preferred. Salary depends on experience. Position eligible for full benefits.
These Grade Levels perform a variety of maintenance and construction work by performing the following duties. Any one position may not include all duties listed, nor do the examples listed cover all the duties that may be performed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as motor grader, bulldozer, backhoe, dragline, loader, and heavy trucks.
- Moves earth, grades, levels, crowns and digs trenches, compacts, places rock.
- Performs maintenance on District facilities.
- Hauls gravel and fill dirt.
- Participates in maintenance work including sloping and repairs canals, ditches, and drains; dozing and patching roads, building fences, pouring concrete, building forms.
- Responds to emergency situations such as flooding, canal breaks.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor and crews.
- Inspects equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Operate heavy equipment; perform manual labor as required.
2. Knowledge of functions, operating methods and care of heavy equipment; hazards and safety precautions of the work; traffic laws; and methods and equipment used in maintenance.
Education and/or Experience: A high school graduate or equivalent GED.
Grade Level 6: Employees operate a limited number of pieces of equipment and work under close supervision.
Grade Level 7: Employees operate most pieces of equipment and/or learn and develop proficiency in the operation of all District heavy equipment working under general supervision.
Grade Level 8: Employees operate most pieces of equipment. This is journey level and employees work under minimal supervision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Appropriate Nevada drivers license for work required and equipment to be operated.
Nevada CDL class “A” required with Tanker endorsement.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.