Medical Warehouse Associates #180000ONUpmc
Now hiring: Medical Warehouse Associates (Inventory, Dispatching, Delivery) UPMC is hiring full-time employees to help support the UPMC Equipment Depot located at 3175 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA. This position works rotating shifts to cover a 24/7 department schedule. In this role, you'll drive a 26-foot box truck, coordinate the activities of hospital deliveries, provide verification of orders, maintain accurate inventory levels, and much more.
- Provide superior customer service by communicating clearly, professionally and timely during all interactions (internally and externally) with customers, hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.
- Ensures customer service levels are met by maintaining timely delivery (scheduled delivery time) at respective UPMC facilities and providing a quality product damage free in proper designated secure areas.
- Manage all medical equipment to ensure proper maintenance by performing quality control checks, preventative maintenance, cleaning/sterilization techniques, and delivery/pickup preparation when servicing facilities.
- Provide consultation to healthcare professionals (administration, nursing/medical staff, etc.) regarding implementation, application, operational and training on all standard and specialty medical equipment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the department's inventory and receiving modules by inspecting and verifying the accuracy of all inbound/outbound equipment.
- Utilize and follow proper technique in repackaging and/or staging of product for delivery to hospitals to ensure minimal product loss and damage.
- Ensure returned product, equipment totes, and pallets are picked up and returned daily to the designated areas in warehouse.
- Utilize system technology for up to date record keeping of all work activities into computerized maintenance management system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow set UPMC and Equipment Depot Infection control protocols and standards while adhering to all OSHA, HIPAA and compliance/regulatory guidelines as applicable.
- Ability to lift/push heavy objects from 75 lbs. up to 700 lbs. of medical equipment (on wheels) up ramps, to load/unload equipment onto trucks daily, to stand/kneel/squat for extended periods of time during equipment processing along with no work limitations.
- Deliver product to hospitals operating 26' box trucks and maintaining all service records for SCM vehicles.
- Manage dispatch operations for the dispatch of medical specialty equipment, arrange transportation of specialty equipment between hospitals and track inventory closely. Dispatch of the shuttle bus system and collect required driver stats.
- Monitor shuttle routes and responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Fill in as a driver as needed. Travel between all UPMC facilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year supply warehousing experience and/or experience driving a box truck.
- OR High school diploma and two years of experience with logistics or in dispatching buses, taxis or Less-Than-Load (LTL) freight.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in a relevant/related field of study.
- OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Driver's License.
- Department of transportation Medical Card Clearance.
- Act 33 Chld Clearnce w Renewal.
- Act 34 Crim Clearnce w Renewal.
- Act 73 FBI Clearance.
- Valid CDL driver's license is preferred.
Salary Range: $14.53 to $22.86
A great opportunity that includes:
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug benefits.
- 403B retirement plan and UPMC savings plan.
- Room to grow!
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.