Roll Off DriverVeit & Company
Veit Disposal System is currently seeking a Full Time Roll-Off Driver for the Duluth area with an up to date Class A or B license. Candidate must have a clean driving record. Competitive Union wage with benefits.
Summary: Delivery and pick-up off Roll-off containers throughout the surrounding Duluth area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and Pick-up of Roll-off Containers.
- Ability to follow specific directions for vendor pickup and deliveries.
- Keeps informed of local Area road conditions and detours.
- Able to read maps and navigate with GPS.
- Complete work orders on Android tablet for proper customer billing.
- Understands and abides by the DOT hours-of-service regulations and communicates with Dispatcher to ensure compliance.
- Positively represent Veit on site and in route with customer service skills and courteous driving.
- Communicate pickup or delivery changes or concerns on jobsite to Dispatcher.
- Communicate future jobsite leads to dispatcher or sales team.
- Takes pride in the appearance of their assigned equipment both inside and out.
- Ability to learn mechanics of truck for automated tarping and proper procedure for manual tarping if needed.
- Performs thorough pre and post trip inspections and communicates with mechanics to identify problems and schedule repairs.
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
Requirements & Qualification:
- High School or general educational development diploma, three years of related experience whether that is all driving or a combination of CDL driving school/program and or experience and education combined.
- Class A or B CDL License with clean driving record.
- Excellent oral communication skills when working with dispatchers on clear directions and customer expectations. Good communication with internal coworkers, management of all levels and most important customer/client.
- Experience with email and electronic tracking or ability to learn new computer hardware and software.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of situations and events and respond accordingly.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds, and be mobile on un-even ground and be subjected to loud noises.
The work environment is characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions on the job as a truck driver. Majority of time spent driving, but will also require time spent outside, exposed to humid and wet conditions, cold and heat. Employee may work near or around other heavy equipment on jobsites. Requires 8 to 14 hour work days, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends.
Must be able to pass a drug test for employment and a driver background check.
Veit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.