Local DriverVeolia of Schenectady
Veolia is hiring a Local Driver.
Benefits and Compensation:
At Veolia, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world
We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Spending accounts — flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the health savings account (HSA)
- Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Supplemental long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary group legal
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible benefit plans
- Voluntary Group Legal Benefits
- Adoption Reimbursement
- College-Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer Matched 401(K) Plan
- Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home insurance, Auto insurance
- Work Life Balance/Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Days
- Career Advancement
- Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided
- Safety Glasses
- Employee referral program
- Incentive Bonus Programs
- Domestic and International transfer opportunities
The CDL Driver is responsible for safely transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials from the customer site to the appropriate designated sites using van trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tankers, roll-off frames, or other waste carrying equipment. Ensures that the condition of the material packaging meets the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) specifications, inspects manifests and shipping paperwork for accuracy, and maintains current transportation permits for all areas traveled. Abides by all regulations set forth by DOT, EPA, state and local governments, and VES-TS policies and procedures.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle and/or trailer prior to driving to ensure safety and integrity of equipment going to designated sites.
- Prior to transporting materials reviews shipment records, manifests, container labeling, vehicle placards, and integrity of loaded drums, roll-off boxes or bulk tankers.
- Ensure that DOT requirements such as load weight limits, driver log books, Vehicle Inspection Records, transportation permits, insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other paperwork is up to date and valid.
- Consults with customers pertaining to load conditions, drum counts or paperwork inconsistencies to ensure that materials can be properly transported to designated site(s).
- Notify immediate supervisor of any moving violations and/or accidents in-route to and/or from sites.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Responsible for assisting with housekeeping as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
- Minimum two years prior commercial driving experience required
- Valid Class A Commercial Driving License (CDL) required
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Tanker endorsement required
40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred (training provided if needed)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Familiarity with U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations pertaining to the transportation of Hazardous Waste
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
Veolia Branch location is
126 Morris Road
Schenectady, NY 12304