Vice President TransportationVIA Metro Transit
San Antonio, TX Full-time
Posted on April 5, 2019
VICE PRESIDENT TRANSPORTATION
VIA Metropolitan Transit
San Antonio, Texas
Job Description: Responsible for the management of the Transportation Division, providing safe, customer-oriented and efficient bus and paratransit services.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in a field related to one or more areas of department responsibility, or in Business Administration.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years experience in progressively responsible positions to provide an adequate background in a broad range of functions pertaining to mass transit, particularly in one or more of the areas related to the division.
- 5 years experience in a managerial position.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Essential Functions: (see full job description)
- Provides direction and support to all transit and paratransit operational functions to ensure attainment of VIA and divisional objectives within established policies and parameters.
- Supervises subordinate department heads and managerial staff.
- Directs staff and resources to ensure that services objectives are achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Directs staff compliance with policies, rules, procedures, regulations, and practices and adherence to the Memorandum of Working Conditions.
- Direct the review and analysis of division operations and monitors system performance to identify and solve problems and ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Develops, reviews and evaluates contract proposals; monitors and evaluates work of consultants, contract personnel, and vendors.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints and prepares responses on behalf of the Deputy CEO or CEO.
- Works with the Public Engagement Division to develop and respond to media requests.
- Reviews proposed disciplinary actions for consistency and compliance with applicable regulations, laws and the Working Conditions.
- Participates in labor and Working Conditions meetings with the ATU Local 694; facilitates monthly joint labor-management meetings.
- Writes proposals for new or amending Working Conditions provisions.
- Advises management regarding appropriate personnel actions to be taken including disciplinary actions.
- Assists in formulating and recommending policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations governing employee relations.
- Directs the activities of VIAtrans services in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations, providing accommodation to qualified individuals.
- Assists in responding to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Triennial Reviews and comments.
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs are carried out.
- Develops and maintains a timelyandaccurate reporting system designed to keep the Deputy CEO informed of division progress.
- Serves as Custodian of Record of all hourly Bus and Paratransit employee personnel files.