Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., Head Start programs is seeking to fill the following position: Transportation Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Head Start Director; plan, implement and coordinate the transportation/maintenance system.
Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, knowledge of Community Action/Head Start. Managerial experience or Director of Transportation in a school system.
Salary range: $19.59- $29.30
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and complete current maintenance records for all Head Start vehicles.
2. Supervises regular preventive maintenance and emergency repairs of all Head Start vehicles.
3. Insure daily vehicle inspection of all Head Start vehicles is completed by drivers.
4. Develop estimates for budget preparation in the areas of vehicle expense and maintenance.
5. Coordinate and implement plans for staff to acquire CDL driver’s license.
6. Collects and compiles data needed for the preparation of reports relating to the transportation program.
7. Insures that all vehicles are safe and kept clean and in sound operating condition.
8. Monitors vendor bills for repairs on vehicles.
9. Ensures that vehicles meet applicable state and local licensing; fire, health and safety regulations, and laws regarding environmental hazards.
10. Maintains files/record keeping system and provides data and reports as required.
11. Coordinate the transportation on a day-to-day basis.
12. Maintain a file of DOT physicals and CDL renewals and know when they expire.
13. Train all drivers.
14. Monitor and evaluate the transportation system.
15. Schedule vehicle repairs as necessary.
16. Manage bus maintenance with vendors based on service contract.
17. Assist responsible party to ensure the renewal of liability insurance is completed on all vehicles on an annual basis and new insurance cards are placed in all vehicles.
18. When necessary, coordinate transportation services with Center Supervisors to enable children to be transported to medical and dental appointments.
19. May assist the Head Start Director in the interviewing process for transportation employees.
20. Attend all pertinent workshops, seminars, pre-service and in-service trainings as required and follow an individualized professional development plan.
21. Assists in bus maintenance service bidding and preparation of contract for inclusion of required services.
22. Sets annual goals with staff and conducts staff evaluations annually.
23. Assists in increasing in-kind services and donations each year.
24. Performs other duties as required and assigned within state and federal guidelines.