Class A Truck Driver and Equipment OperatorsWagner Construction
Wagner Construction Immediate opening for:
Class A Truck Driver
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Equipment Operators Responsibilities:
- Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work
- Operate all heavy equipment like cranes, earth movers, bulldozers, front-end loaders, and other related equipment.
- Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property.
- Ensure and manage the machines or equipment in a safe and secure way.
- Perform periodical safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment.
- Perform minor repair works during functioning problems
- Inform and advise the management or repairmen for major repairs or maintenance
- Drive and control the equipment
- Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
- Respond to signals and directions by the staff and work in coordination with them
- Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working, so that the normal activities are not disrupted.
- Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of electronic or technical methods of operation.
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
- Maintain a database in the computer to record daily activities, inventory chart, etc.
- Report to the senior operation manager
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.