company over the road drivers
Weather Shield Transportation LTD JOB DESCRIPTION
JOBTITLE Tractor TrailerDriver
To operate over-the-road tractor trailer to deliver finished goods to customers.
1. Loads or assists in loading trailer with materials. Unloads or assists in unloading trailer by hand or using handtruck,
2. Operates semi-truck with one trailer, according to state laws. Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safetyregulations.
3. Chocks rear wheels of truck or trailer before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from shippingdock.
4. Obtain shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and returns completed work to shipping office. Maintains any related records
5. Removes any empty skids from trailer truck and carries to designated piling area.
6. Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Reports any maintenancemalfunctions
1. May use hand trucks to rearrange loads in shipping departmentarea.
2. May sweep out truck body on allshifts.
3. May switch empty/full trailers in shipping yard on off-shifts for optimum loading patterns on the followingday.
• Valid state Commercial DriversLicense.
• Tact and diplomacy required in dealing with customer personnel at deliverypoints.
Requires high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of tractor trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment.
• Frequently sitting in trailer cab for long periods oftime.
• Ability to lift window & doorunits.
• Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random substance abuse screening under companypolicy.