Shag DriverWells Enterprises, Inc.
Responsible for the safe and efficient transport of empty and loaded dry vans, refrigerated trailers, and tankers within the city limits of Le Mars, IA to support the Wells Enterprises production plan.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain all DOT Federal and State qualifications and regulations while moving transport equipment between production facilities and/or third party warehouses.
- Ensure shag truck and trailers are kept in safe working order by conducting required pre-trip inspections and washing the shag truck and trailers as needed.
- Responsible for the safety and security of company equipment as well as all ingredient and packaging raw materials loaded on this equipment to support the production plan.
- Communicates with third party warehouse personnel and Wells Enterprises warehouse/plant personnel to indicate when/where trailers are located.
- Records all trailer movements.
- Records all shag truck and trailer mileage on a scheduled basis.
- On occasion, serves as backup to Tanker Driver position when needed.
Shift/Hours: Night Shift with staggered start times that may vary between 2:00 P.M. and 6 P.M.
- High school diploma. Must hold or be able to acquire a Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License) with AIRBRAKE, Tanker Endorsement and Hazmat Endorsement within 90 days of employment.
- Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor/trailer safe driving experience.
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations.
• Plus $1.00 Night Shift Premium on all positions
• Work 'Relief Crew' scheduled for 3 days per week
• Win a $2500 Scholarship (4 available for Summer 2018 hires)
Ride the Sioux City to Le Mars Shuttle for FREE!
Visit our Employment Office at 4501 Southern Hills Drive Suites 13 Sioux City, IA
or call 712.244.5140 or toll free 866.224.4033
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis