Transportation SpecialistWestern Iowa Tech Community College
About the Position:
The purpose of this position is to deliver and coordinate specifically designed college and/or company transportation training programs on the concourse, in the classroom and on the road.
• Associate's degree preferred
• Commercial vehicle operator experience and current Class A CDL.
• One year training experience in transportation industry.
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Conduct pre-trip, concourse and behind the wheel commercial vehicle training for students.
• Initiate and follow up with business contacts and prospective students.
• Assist in the recruitment, retention, and record maintenance of students.
• Assist in the development, organization, and preparation of training materials, lesson plans, supplies and equipment.
• Tutor students in specific content areas or practical application.
• Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets for courses and projects.
• Develop partnerships and assist in writing, execution and reporting of grants.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
This is a full-time, grade 6, administrative position with an annual wage of $42,651. Work schedule may include occasional evenings and weekends and may include travel to off-site locations. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance; retirement, tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.