Route Maintenance Tech
Route Maintenance Tech
Help us build and maintain bus stops! Work involves installing and maintaining shelters and bus stops, working with concrete and ground excavation. $21.78/hr (2021 wage) to start & great benefits. HS diploma or equiv. & 2 years facility or ground maintenance experience required. Must be drug free, have excellent driving record & able to obtain crane operator certificate and pass background check.
Application Closes: Sunday, October 17, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Installs shelters, signs, posts, and other customer amenities at bus stops. Performs work to create shelter pads, including excavation of grounds, preparing and installing forms, mixing, placing and finishing concrete.
2. Maintains, repairs, updates and improves bus stops and shelters. Replaces polycarbonate and glass panels in shelters. Performs carpentry repairs to bus stops including repair and replacement of benches, shelter roofs, etc.
3. Installs vinyl graphics onto shelters, signs, kiosk posters, and other display materials.
4. Paints all types of surfaces including bus stop curbs, shelters, signage, outdoor site furnishings, interior and exterior surfaces of facilities.
5. Applies pavement markings at WTA facilities and bus stops.
6. Replaces indoor and outdoor lamps at transit stations and other WTA facilities. Installs, maintains and repairs alternative energy powered (typically solar powered) lighting units at WTA facilities, including bus stops and shelters.
7. Cleans shelters, removes graffiti. Empties and cleans trash cans and picks up litter at bus stops. Transports trash and recyclable materials to appropriate disposal facilities.
8. Uses a variety of equipment including brooms and pressure washers to clean and maintain concrete pads, sidewalks, and other hard surface areas at bus stops and facilities.
9. Maintains bus stop grounds, including cutting the grass and trimming overhanging tree branches.
10. Washes buildings; cleans out gutters.
11. Cleans and disinfects bio-spills at all locations.
12. Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, bus stops, parking lots and driveways.
13. Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work area.
14. Must maintain punctual and regular attendance to provide dependable service to the public.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Works as a team member to assist other service section personnel.
2. Performs limited irrigation system maintenance and repairs.
3. Responsible for the proper labeling of all containers of paints and chemical products used.
4. Receives on-going organization training on issues related to the position (e.g., CPR / First Aid, etc.)
5. Participates in the training of other route maintenance employees, other members of the service section, and temporary employees in the section.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply