Join our Essential Workforce and Make a Difference in our Community as a Transit Operator
Love working with people? Have an excellent driving record? WTA is hiring Transit Operators for current and future openings. WTA’s in-house training program helps you get your CDL and pays you while you do it! Excellent benefits, including a pension & competitive starting pay at $25.50/hr, with increases to $31.88/hr (2021 Rates) after 5 years. Requires HS diploma, safe driving record & ability to work all shifts (Sun-Sat). Must be drug free including marijuana & able to obtain CDL and DOT medical card, license and physical paid by WTA. Background checks performed. Closes Sunday, November 30th at 9:00 pm.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Women & Minorities Encouraged to Apply Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to safely operate a transit vehicle under all conditions of weather, roadways, and traffic while successfully dealing with passengers, route and schedule requirements.
- Ability to use judgment to assess situations, take appropriate actions by evaluating individual circumstances and prioritize conflicting needs.
- Ability to perform multi-task functions in what can sometime be a high-stress environment.
- Ability to gain operational knowledge of the system and every coach assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, schedules and route information.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and safety rules applicable to the transportation of passengers.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a courteous, professional approach when handling the public and problems that arise.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization, people affiliated with other organizations, and with the general public.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment to input work time, farebox information, receive and interpret route and schedule information, and other basic computer functions.
- Ability to successfully complete WTA's Operator Training Program.
- Ability to understand and apply WTA and Operations policies and procedures.